Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Snakes, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails

"Mothers of little boys work from son up till son down." - Unknown

Three boys. THREE! I love it! I was just bemoaning my lack of "adventure" when my three-and-a-half year old walked into my house....covered in dirt and mud...and shoeless. Let me explain.

This past weekend was a long weekend with a holiday Monday. Instead of the sunshine and blue skies we were hoping for we got rain, wind and cold. So yesterday, at the first sign of the sun peeking through the clouds, I dressed the boys up and sent them outside. After four days indoors they had excess energy that just needed to be burnt! I was enjoying the relative quiet of the house (the baby was still inside) when the slam of the patio door alerted me to someone in my kitchen. Imagine my surprise when I walked in to find my middle son covered in dirt, sand and....shoeless? Yup, shoeless. After four days of rain and only minimal sunshine that morning, the ground was still wet, the sandbox more of a mud-box. He was covered in wet sand from the waist down, with more lodged between fingers, in pockets and - naturally - in his hair. My eyes traveled downwards and ended on his shoeless feet. White socks that were, er, not white. Ugh!

Did I say I wanted adventure? I'm thinking some R & R is more to my liking! LOL!

2 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Too CUTE! You want adventure, there it is! I am finally back to checking blogs! I see I have a few to catch up on. Later!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. Today was a day I needed some.

at