Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I've Been Randomized!

Last week I volunteered to be “randomized” by Marianne. These are the random questions she came up with for me to answer.


1. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose and why?

I would have to say Sleeping Beauty. She’s beautiful, never ages and gets to sleep peacefully and undisturbed for years before finally being awakened by the kiss of a handsome prince. That must have been some kiss! With three boys…well, I could use some sleep right about now. LOL! And I like the anti-aging thing she has going on.


2. Share one thing you love and one thing that drives you batty about your spouse/significant other.

Wow, only one, huh? I mean, that I love. LOL! Well, I would say I love the way my husband pitches in around the house. He does pretty much anything – laundry, dishes, vacuuming, bathrooms. You name it, he’s done it. Except cook, that is. As for something that drives me batty…okay, here’s one. My hubby works in the oilfield and because of the boots that he wears, he finds that his socks tend to fall down and get bunched up in the toes. To prevent this, he has taken to wrapping black electrical tape around the ankles of his socks (while they’re on his feet) to hold them up. When he takes the socks off, he never removes the tape. So, when I’m doing laundry, I’m forever having to pick the end of the tape and peel it off the socks. Drives me CRAZY!


3. If you could go back to high school and repeat one particular day, which day would you choose? Would you change anything about the day? Why or why not?

Hmm, this is a hard one for me. I was boring in high school and can’t, quite honestly, remember much that happened. I’m having way more fun now.


4. Death penalty – are you for or against? Why? Convince me to agree with you.

My first thought was, “definitely for it.” I would love to see the world rid of the murderers and rapists, the psychopaths that kill without conscience and the sickos that prey on women and children. But as I got thinking, I began to question. Who am I to judge? Nobody. Do I really believe that taking a life, even a psychopath’s, will make the world a better place? Maybe. But there will always be evil and what if, by removing that one person, we take away the chance for them to find salvation through Christ? Could I live with that? I think not. So my answer is I’m against the death penalty.

However, that being said, I believe that we need much tougher laws and penalties. I believe that people who commit heinous crimes should not be allowed back out into society. We have become so concerned with the “rights” of the prisoner (or felon) that we have devised ways to “get them off the hook” on technicalities. Convicting evidence that isn’t gathered “properly” is not admissible in court. That’s just wrong. If that evidence proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the guilt of the person, it shouldn’t matter the manner in which it was obtained.

Anyways, I’m going off on a tangent. Sorry.


5. What’s the earliest memory you can recall? How old were you?

My earliest memory is walking from the apartment where we lived to the bottom of the hill to get a Big Gulp. My mom would take us three kids every day. The apartment sat at the top of this hill and there was a corner store at the bottom. My older brother and I would walk while my mom carried my younger brother in the snuggly. I was probably around three at the time.


Thanks, Marianne. It’s been a blast!

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm pretty sure your argument on the death penalty question was the most well written and well argued I've seen.

Glad you enjoyed it! Hey... I'm having a giveaway on my blog again. It involves chocolate. Come visit and invite your friends!

The Mailman's Wife said...

I like chocolate! Where do I sign up? LOL!

Oh, great blog Shauna...Now about that chocolate...

Shauna said...

Marianne, thanks. Those questions got me thinking and were fun to do. :-)

Miss, check out Marianne's blog and let her know I sent you. I get more entries for the contest that way! LOL!