Monday, May 28, 2007

Signs

You know that song that goes, "Signs, signs, everywhere are signs..." I can't remember the rest of it, but I was thinking how nice life would be if it came with warning signs. A few days ago my life sign would have read, "Enter Day At Own Risk." Or maybe something like, "For Best Results, Pull Covers Over Head" or "Caution: Stress Ahead." Yup, there's nothing like being stranded in a parking lot with a dead vehicle and four tired children, waiting for the tow truck. And then finding out that there's no courtesy vehicle and rental prices are through the roof. LOL!

And then there are signs of aging. My biggest one was a fascination with anti-aging creams. I used to see those commercials and think, what a bunch of blarney. Who would fall for such a cheap gimmick? Uh, me, I guess. I just went out and bought an arsenal of firming creams guaranteed to smooth out those dimpled areas...in three weeks or less. :-) Sucker.

So, if your life was a billboard, what would it say? Anyone brave enough to share? Has anyone else found themselves caught in the spell of impulse buying? What was your latest impulse? I impulse shop with books. There are 21 in my TBR pile, I have 6 on order and I've been eyeing a few at the local bookstore. Yeah, it's an addiction. LOL!

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I sell Avon, so I fell for the anti-aging cream ads long ago!

And... books, books, books are my impulse. I bought six at BJs yesterday and have a list of 30 I'm going to look for at the UBS. Whee! Who needs to eat?

Hope your vehicle isn't terminally ill.

Shauna said...

Marianne, my vehicle should be fixed by the end of the week. And the best part is, it's on warranty. YEAH!