Monday, July 16, 2007

Pack 'Em Up and Ship 'Em Out

My kids are going camping with my in-laws. I'm taking my oldest two boys out to the campground and they're spending three days with Grandma and Grandpa. YIPEEE!

Today, as I'm packing their suitcases and getting everything ready, there's a part of me that's sad. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the extra time. Oh yeah, read. LOL! But seriously, I'm going to miss all their hugs and kisses and I'm feeling a tad lonely just thinking about it. I have to keep even and calm because my oldest really takes on my emotions and if he thinks I'll be too lonely without him, he'll cry and not want to go.

Now, the other part of me - the stressed-out-tired-mom part - is jumping for joy! I'll have the baby, but really, what's one kid after three?? It's a vacation, that's what it is. There's this strange sense of freedom, knowing I can pick up (only one kid) and go wherever, whenever. *sigh* I'm looking forward to that. This is the side of me that is shouting, "Only three days??!!"

But I'm going to make the most of it. I'm going to enjoy relaxing - really relaxing - by the pool, spending more time with hubby and getting out a little more. Three days is going to fly by!

4 comments:

Mailyn said...

Just wanted to say pretty blog!

Jenster said...

Being a mom is a contradiction in emotions, isn't it?? I know you're going to miss them, but I also know you're going to have a great time! And before you know it they'll be home hugging and kissing and all that stuff!

Katybug said...

Enjoy your time, Shauna! I know how much I love it when my one and only is with a friend and I have time to myself. Heck, I'm happy for her to have a friend over...it keeps her out of my hair. Isn't that awful???

Jenster said...

Not so awful, Katybug. Just life. LOL