Saturday, April 28, 2007

Little Extras!

Okay, I normally don't post on Saturdays, but with hubby out of town, I thought I'd sit down and blog for a bit. Nothing really exciting, just stuff on my mind. Little extras.

Today marks a big milestone for me. My first night away from my youngest baby. He's 14 and a half months old and tonight he is having his first sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's. YIPEE!! Actually all the boys are going there, so I'm going to be child-less. No "little extras" of my own. I'm looking forward to it. :-) I'm not feeling anxious - my baby's favorite person is Grandpa. I'm looking forward to a night of quiet, peaceful, alone-time! I plan to tackle some of my TBR pile. Five down, twenty-three to go. LOL! I'm not kidding.

I doubt I'll get any extra sleep, but that's okay. What I'm craving is a little solitude and a break from single-parenting. I don't know how you single parents out there do it. My hat's off to you! It's not an easy task and I want to encourage anyone who is in that place right now. Children are a wonderful blessing, but they are a lot of work. Be encouraged and know that there is a Strength you can lean on.

Well, I'm done. That's all I got for now. Kids are asking questions and I'm studiously ignoring it. LOL! I should probably answer, so until next time......

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I can't remember the last time I spent a night completely alone... The only one I can consciously recall was in May of 1997. Seriously.

I'm terribly jealous. Enjoy!

Shauna said...

Marianne, May of '97?? You are seriously overdue! LOL! You need to book yourself a hotel room, order room service and just relax. :-) (Never done it myself, but it sounds wonderful. Or perhaps a day in a spa...*sigh*)