Monday, March 12, 2007

Good Friend...Good Shoes!

A good friend is like a good pair of shoes. They may be hard to find, but they're worth the wait! I was thinking the other day how we want shoes to be comfortable, a perfect fit, to wear well and look good. A good friend is like that.

Finding a friend who is a perfect fit can be impossible. That's why I believe that when one does come along, it is a true gift from God. A blessing that's invaluable! Like that perfect pair of shoes, a good friend is someone who you're comfortable with. Someone who knows where all your secret messes are hidden, both on the outside and on the inside. They quietly roll up their sleeves and are willing to dive in and help you organize the messiness of house and life. They can hold the mirror up to us and love us at the same time. Your ugliness doesn't scare them - they see the diamond God is making you to be! And they wear well! With each road they walk with you, they become more valuable, each scuff mark a sign of endurance and strength!

I have friends like this and you know who you are! Friends who are blessings straight from a Father who loves me. They are people I never thought would "click" with me, but they have been the ones to hold my hand, to share my tears, fears, sorrows, joys and laughter. They have held up that mirror and pointed out some ugliness, and then loved me right through it! They push me to be a better Christian, wife, mother and friend, but they accept me where I'm at. Who am I that I would be so blessed?

So today, I'm going to thank God for good friends.....and good shoes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shauna,
Your right, good friends are like the perfect pair of shoes. They are so worth keeping them in good repair. It's so hard to find that perfect fit that when you do you don't want to ever change them. You are a very blessed person to have found more than one, many don't find one and of those who do they often only find one. You are very blessed to be able to say that you have found more than one.
Speaking of shoes, which is my major down fall when shopping, you have sparked a yearning to check what's out there.LOL My hubby has asked (made me promise, really) me to throw out one pair of shoes when I acquire a new pair.LOL That is a very difficult thing to do for someone who is in love with shoes. By the way you'd never know it by the shoes I wear. Most of them are in the closet, mainly because we have this winter season that lasts for most of our year. If you haven't guessed, I buy mostly sandals and opened toed shoes. There may be two reasons for that, 1. my feet are too short and wide for closed toed or 2. I was really meant to live in a warm climate year round.LOL What do you think, which seems to fit best? I pick #2 but hubby picks #1.
ym

p.s. Whoops, got a little off topic, sorry.

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey Shauna,
This is such a heart warming post. The really great friends are hard to come by. For me, so are shoes! Again, we will have to go shopping! LOL! Anyhow, just wanted to say thank you for being the kind of friend that you are! I have a lot to learn from you. May God continue to bless you with everything that you deserve! Love you!

Shauna said...

ym, I'll admit that my weakness leans more to handbags than shoes. I love them both, but if I had to choose??? I'd probably go with the bag! It's almost as bad as my book-buying habits! LOL! But, now that I'm thinking of it, I think I need a new bag for my books! For when I travel! Hmmmm....

And I think that you're penchant for sandals is a combination of 1 & 2. Maybe more research is needed before I can make an informed decision. I think we need to go somewhere sunny and warm. After all, a solid theory needs to be tested!

Miss, it's funny how close our blogs resemble each other today. Thanks for the kind words. Blessings to you, too!