Thursday, June 14, 2007

Attila the Mum!

Yup, that's me! I've been on a rampage lately. But instead of a thirst for blood and war, I've a longing for peace and quiet! And chocolate and coffee! LOL!

My coffee maker is in constant-drip mode and I'm sure caffeine has replaced the blood in my veins. I'm fighting off the shakes with cold pizza, chocolate chip cookies and the occasional salad (blech).

What is it with days like these? Or weeks like these? I woke up this morning and thought, "I don't want to be a mom today." That sounds horrible, I know, and I'm a little ashamed to admit that the thought crossed my mind. I look at my sweet children - when they are sleeping - and am overwhelmed with love. (Okay, I didn't mean to make that sound like my kids are only sweet when they're sleeping. What I meant is I look at them when they are sleeping. Know what I mean?)

I have that song playing through my head that goes, "Momma said there'd be days like this. There'd be days like this, my Momma said." That line fits how I'm feeling. I'm trying to take things one second, one minute, one moment, one day at a time.

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I can totally understand how you feel -- and I'm sure every mom goes through it now and then! Hang in there. Enjoy the cookies. This too will pass.

Glad you posted... I've missed reading you (I always do, even if I don't comment -- I have you on Google reader, so don't always physically visit, but I know when you post... Muh-ha-ha...)

Shauna said...

Marianne, thanks for the encouragement. I'm always surprised that someone would actually take the time to read my little blog. :-) But I appreciate that you do, and it made my day to hear it. I've been feeling rather bored with myself lately. LOL! And, there's no such thing as too many cookies, right? Right??