Friday, August 24, 2007

Can't Think

I know I haven't been blogging much lately. My excuse: I can't think. It's been a long, hard summer and my brain is feeling pretty much fried. What little there is left isn't holding many nice thoughts. And my mom always told me "if you can't say something nice...."

Which got me to thinking, I'm sure glad no one can see inside this head. Not pretty. And I'm not talking anatomically. I mean, there's all this nastiness inside, swirling around. I'm sure it would shock my Christian friends and probably send my mother to an early grave. (tee,hee)

And that got me to thinking, isn't it amazing God loves me despite this? I mean, I'm barely tolerating myself, yet somehow God finds something redeemable about me. Hmmm, bears some pondering.

So, if these blog posts are sparse for awhile, at least you'll know why. I'm keeping all the nasties to myself. ;-)

2 comments:

Jenster said...

Get out of my head!!!

Seriously, Shauna - I've been having the same thoughts. For me my not nice thoughts, the ones everyone would gasp to know I think, are like my spiritual litmus test. The degree of badness (yes, I'm saying badness - lol) is in direct proportion to my distance from God.

And I've forever let summer distract me and take my focus off of where it needs to be. This being the end of summer and all, well, you get the picture.

My mother taught me the same rule, but judging from my blog I didn't listen.

You're a good girl, Shauna, and your heart shows itself for what it is. And that's what God loves about you!

Shauna said...

Jenster, LOL! And here I thought I was the only one.

Recently some people I've shared my struggles with have pointed out that it's a spiritual battle, one not against flesh. I need to remember that when I'm feeling discouraged...or bitter and cranky. ;-)

I'm glad there's something God loves about me. When I feel like this, but know God loves me inspite of the nastiness, it's then I can understand how he loves the other people. Whoops, did I just say that. ;-) LOL!

Thanks for the encouragement. You're a sweetie!