Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Mother's Day Shopping Trip

A conversation while shopping for Mother's Day presents at Walmart, as relayed by Chad:

Connor: "Whoah, Dad! We should get Rock Band!"

Chad: "Connor, who are we buying for again?"

Connor: "Mom."

Chad: "And do you really think Mom is going to play Rock Band?"

Connor: "Ummm, no."

Chad: "We need to think about what Mom would like. What does Mom like?"

Connor: "Well....she likes me. How do I give her me?"

Benen: "I know Connor. I know what you can do. You can wrap yourself in wrapping paper."

Connor: "I can't do that. I'll die. I won't be able to breathe."

Benen: "Welllll, I know. You can poke some holes in it."

A little while later....

Connor: "Mom likes stuff that's soft. I'm gonna look for something soft to get her so she has something soft to sleep with."

Chad: "Think about it Connor. Does Mom really like soft stuff, like stuffed animals? Does she sleep with anything soft right now?"

Connor: "Well she sleeps with you."

I'm interested to see what the boys picked out. I'll be back tomorrow to give the details.

8 comments:

Becky said...

I LOVE your kids! They always come off with the cutest things to say, lol!

Marianne Arkins said...

You'll get all the boys with a bow on top of their heads :-)

Chad is soft, huh? How did HE feel about that?

Travis Erwin said...

Happy Mother's Day to you.

His Girl said...

can't wait to know!

happy mother's day!

Jenster said...

Way to hook us and keep us coming back for more!! I can't wait, either.

Your kids, as always, crack me up!! You and Becky need to write a book on what your boys say and do.

Shauna said...

Becky - They always make me laugh. Your kids, too!

Marianne - LOL! I'm not sure if he was calling Chad squishy (he's not) or if he was calling him furry. LOL! Chad remained mute on the issue.

Travis - Thanks!

His Girl - Same to you.

Jenster - They certaily entertain me, but I'm never sure if it's just because I'm their mother and find them hilarious and adorable.

The Daily Bee said...

LOL! Little thinkers.

Sing4joy said...

That is just precious!