Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Average Day With Benen

"Mom, if you had three Benens there would be three to make three beds."

"Oh. That's true."

"Mom, what if you had three Connors, three Benens and three Koltens? Wouldn't that be awesome!"

"Well, that would mean I had nine kids. That would be a LOT. I think I'll just stick with three."

"Yeah."



:: :: ::



"Mom, how would you like .... THIS!" He wraps his arms around my waist in a bear hug.

"I'd LOVE that."

"I love you, Mom."

"I love you, too, Benen."

"I know."



:: :: ::



"Mom, when it's my birthday, you don't have to buy me a card if you don't have time."

"What?"

"If you don't have time, that's okay. You don't have to buy me a card."

"Benen, I love you and I will make time to buy you a card. And I'll make time to buy you a present and make you a cake and give you a great birthday party."

"Oh. Mom, you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna invite you to my birthday."

"Thanks, Benen."



:: :: ::



"Mom, you know, we never see you shower."

"Nope, that's right."

"Why?"

"Well, 'cause I'm a girl and you're a boy."

"Oh. Are you gonna have a shower or a tub with some toys to play with?"

"A shower."

"Oh. When you're done can you come downstairs and show us your beautiful looks?"



:: :: ::



"Mom, when I go to kindergarten, I'll think about you instead of my friends."

"That'll be nice, Benen."

"Yeah. And I'll kiss you before I go to school."

"I'd like that."

"Yeah. Mom, you know Barney Rubble? Sometimes, he doesn't kiss his wife on his way to work. He's in a hurry and he just whooshes by."

"Hmmm."

"Mom, don't worry. I'll make time to kiss you goodbye."


:: :: ::


"'Night Benen. I love you."

"'Night, Mom. I love you a hundred to a hundred."

5 comments:

His Girl said...

awwwwwwww. almost makes me miss having young kids around the house again....

almost.

The Daily Bee said...

Awwww, So funny and sweet.

Love the shower convo. lol

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh... awww....

Why do they have to grow UP?

Shauna said...

His Girl - LOL!

Deb - He shocked me with that one, too.

Marianne - I don't know?! Would someone please just STOP time!!

Becky said...

I LOVE that kid, lol!

That is precious. I'm so glad you write all these things down, because they're too cute not to share!