Friday, February 29, 2008

Tag!

Katybug tagged me with this fun little game a few days ago and I'm finally getting it up. Here are the rules:

1. Grab the book you are currently reading and turn to p. 123

2. Go to the 5th sentence

3. Post the next 3 sentences

4. Tell the name of the book and author

5. Tag 5 others

Since a few days have passed, and I generally read a book a day, here is what I was reading at the time of the TAG.

Taken from The Briton by Catherine Palmer.

"At her last word, the man released his grip. The knights surrounding them stared agape at the woman who dared curse their lord. The Norman warrior reached up and lifted his helm from his head."




Since then I read Reconstructing Natalie by Laura Jensen Walker for the third or fourth time.

"'He does make it a little more palatable,' I agreed. 'Emphasis on little.'

In the mood for some male eye candy after that taste
of my Nurse Gorgeous look-alike, Merrit stuck on Ocean's 11."




And now I'm sitting down to re-read Miss Invisible, another Laura Jensen Walker book. Here's the bit from that book.

"He snorted. 'Heck no. With my mom's cooking, it's a matter of survival!'"




So, now to tag some others. I choose Travis, Jen, and anyone else who feels like joining in the game. Just let me know in the comments section if you're posting a snippet from your current read.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you for the meme tag Shauna :)

I saw Miss Invisible in the store the other day. What did you think of it?

Jenster said...

I've been thinking of trying to read Reconstructing Natalie again. The last time I picked it up it didn't go so well for me. lol But things are sooooo much better than they were when I tried it before. *sigh*

Shauna said...

Jen - I really enjoyed Miss Invisible. There's such a great message in the story and it's delivered in Laura Walker's witty way.

Jenster - I can totally understand how it might have been a difficult read for you. I have found it to be one of the most honest, vulnerable looks at BC. The feelings of Natalie are laid out naked on the pages. But I found there was a lot of humour throughout the story as well. I know Laura Walker took a lot of it from her own battle. Actually, her humour and wit remind me a lot of you. ;-)

Travis Erwin said...

Thanks for the tag. I'll do it in a few days. Right now I'm reading Far Tortuga but I might be finished with it by then.

The Daily Bee said...

You're a reading machine, Shauna. I am so slow with reading. I used to read everyday, now I come home and crash. My only reading time is when I'm sick or have a free weekend... hopefully I will be able to finish PMP this weekend.

Great lines =)

Shauna said...

Travis - I was curious what you read in your "spare" time. Personally, I was hoping you'd say you were reading nothing because you were working on Booty. I was hoping for a few lines from that. ;-)

Deb - HA! When I re-read, I often skim through. But I will admit I have an addiction.