Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Handsome Ring Bearer

As promised, here is a picture of Benen as a ring bearer. I still haven't found the chord for my camera, so I had my friend email me the one she had. Now, tell me, isn't he just the cutest thing?





Now, imagine having to look in those eyes and see pain and uncertainty. Next Wednesday, we are taking him to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. We did this with Connor when he was Benen's age, but I don't remember feeling as sick about it. I'm trying to keep in mind that I am doing what's best for him, though it certainly isn't easy. I laid in bed and cried last night, just wanting to wrap him in my arms and shield him from what I know will happen. I realize it's not that big of a deal, and certainly not anything life threatening, but I still hate for him to have to go through it.

With Connor I was unprepared and went in blind. This time I'm getting organized. I'm bringing a DVD player and movies and I'm putting together a special present for after the surgery. Connor got one when he had his done, but I sent Chad out after to find something for him and there wasn't much selection in the small town where we stayed. I'm also planning to stay the night in the hospital with him. Thankfully I'm not pregnant this time. A hospital stretcher isn't comfortable on a good day, let alone when you're nine months pregnant and bursting with baby!

7 comments:

Jenster said...

Oh my, Shauna! You weren't kidding when you said he was a charmer! What a doll.

It may not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but for him (and especially for mama) it's huge!! Don't feel bad about feeling bad. I would, too. Don't we always want our kids to be happy and never afraid or hurt?

But it will be okay and he'll come through it like a trooper and then he can have popsicles and ice cream and all that good stuff!

The Daily Bee said...

Look at him! What a cutue pie!

I can understand the fretting over what he will have to go through. He'll come through fine and look forward to all the attention, lots of ice cream and that special gift you have planned for him.

Your a good mama! =)

The Mailman's Wife said...

Shauna, Benen is RIDICULOUSLY handsome!! He is so sweet. I miss you guys.

As for the surgery, I will be praying for you. I wish I could be home with you. Know of my prayers and of course I am sending big HUGS for you all!

Miss

Becky said...

He's adorably handsome, Shauna.

I understand your typical mama anxiety, but yes...we can be VERY thankful you're not about to have a baby!

And I'll bet he wears this stay in the hospital like a badge of honor, the only difference being there isn't a cast to show for it, lol. But the ice cream...that makes it all worth it.

Travis Erwin said...

He's definitely styling. Very handsome lad.

angela said...

Hey girl, I haven't heard from you for a while. I've got some news about my writing. It's not public knowledge yet, so I'll leave you a note in Deeanne's chat room. Hope you guys are doing well.

Becky said...

I was thinkin' about you as I poured my morning coffee. Hope all is going well for ya. That little Benen is such a doll.