Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blah, blah, blah...

"Mom, does my juice box have vitamin seed?"

:: :: ::

"Mom, I want a credit card."
"You're too young for a credit card."
"But I want one so I can go on the Wii and buy games."
"Connor, you can't have a credit card because they're dangerous."
"How?"
"They just are."
"But, HOW?"
*sigh* "Because you can get yourself into major financial ruin."
A pause.
"What's that?"
"What's what?"
"What you just said?"
"Nothing. I can't explain it. You'll understand when you're older and when you grow up and move out of our house, you can get a credit card if you want."
"But I want one now."
"NO!"

:: :: ::

"Mom, I a little bit bugged Kolten."
"Benen, why?"
A shrug.

:: :: ::

"Mom, can I have some more bubble gum?"
"No."
Two minutes later. "Mom, can I have bubble gum?"
"Benen, I already gave you a piece today and I already said I'm not giving you anymore."
"But I swallowed my other piece."
"That's too bad. You're not getting more."
An hour later. "Mom, can I have some bubble gum?"

:: :: ::

When I began this blog a little over a year ago, I had great aspirations. I planned to blog every day of the week, Monday through Friday. I figured it would force those creative juices to flow and I could get down all the crazy wonderings in my head.

It wasn't long into it that I realized I lead a very boring life. It's busy, but rather boring to read about. I also realized that most of those crazy thoughts should stay in my head so my family and friends wouldn't start filling out an application for me at the loony farm.

So, that's where it's at. I'm not blogging five days a week. In fact, when I blog I carefully check each post to be sure I won't shock some people, what with their delicate sensibilities and all. Oops, did that sound a little snarky? Must be the computer. It's been giving me attitude all day.

:: :: ::

How sad is it that my four year old is motivating me to do laundry? He's a helper and he loves to fold clothes. I decided to let him go at it. He helped me fold a load of laundry and I was impressed at the great job he did. I managed to resist the urge to smooth some of the wrinkles and re-fold the ones that weren't "perfect."

He's been asking for the last five minutes if we can take the clothes downstairs and put them away. What? The couch isn't good enough? Apparently not. I suppose I really should go put those clothes away. You know, lead by example and all that.

6 comments:

Jenster said...

If your life is so boring then why do I LOVE reading about it?? Your posts always make me smile.

And thank you for keeping my delicate sensibilities in mind when you blog. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I need a 5-year-old for motivation apparently.

The Daily Bee said...

I love hearing what your boys are saying.

Boring life? OMW I feel the exact same way. Seriously. Sometimes I sit there with my hands on the keys, writing away only to read it back and realize that it would only interest me and no one else! lol.

Your blog life is anything but boring, I am intrigued by your life... weird, but true. =)

Becky said...

I love your kids'! I a little bit bugged Kolten...

Girl, you do NOT lead a boring life! You have lots of creative juice flowing still...it's just being bottled for use at a later date, because you've got bigger fish to fry...namely raising children that won't be with you forever. At least, this is what I tell myself when I feel like I'm always getting sidetracked from things I long to do. ;)

What's wrong with the laundry piling up on the couch again, lol?

Shauna said...

You gals are great and always make me laugh!

Jenster - You like cruel and unusual punishment?

Deb - Sometimes I wish they'd say a little less. Oy!

Becky - There never seems to be enough time in the day and when there are a few minutes, sometimes all I want to do is crawl into my nice NEW bed and crash. (I'm posting about my new room soon. Yeah! Can you say 'sanctuary'?) And laundry on the couch is perfectly acceptable. I'm actually surprised he knew it's supposed to go in a drawer. LOL!

Jenster said...

I must! I work with ten 2-year-olds!!

And I meant 4, not 5. :o)

His Girl said...

I'm out of words today.... Jenster's 1st comment says what I would have said if I had words left in my head :)