Thursday, December 6, 2007

Regret

The tears are just under the surface. I'm regretting yesterday's purge and fighting the urge to rush downstairs, dive into the piles and clutch the books to my breast. I'm trying to assure myself it was a good decision, a necessary evil. I'm not convinced. There's this tightness around my chest and it feels like a vice has squeezed all the breath from my body.

I can't think about this.

Moving on. Some of the sweetest words I hear all day are, "Mom, I love you a million, billion, billion, million, trillion, willion, gazillion, tillion, billion, million, billion, a lot."

Also, my son used this one. "Mom, I'll make all your wishes come true." Little does he know that he and his brothers surpassed all my dreams long ago.

My husband rented the Spiderman Wii game on Tuesday. The kids have been in Little Boy Heaven for the past two days. He also brought home a movie about the Justice League. It goes without saying that my house has been filled with the sounds of battle, good vs. evil, for the past couple of days. Not that that's any different from a regular day. I just get it in stereo now, blasting through the floor and filling the whole house. Yipee!

And now I have to go set up the Wii. After all, little boys' patience is only so big.

6 comments:

Jenster said...

It's good to be you! (Piles of give away books notwithstanding.)

Shar said...

Stand strong - you can do it!

If it helps, reading the comments that your boys make almost makes me cry. They're so sweet. I am way too over emotional right now. Oih! *Roll Eyes*

Shauna said...

Jenster - I'm quite happy. It's nice to be adored. Think it'll last when they're teens??

Shar - LOL! I hate to say it, but 'emotional' comes with the territory. And yeah, my kids are pretty sweet. ;-) Benen will walk out of bed at night and say, "Mom, mom...I just have to tell you something."

"What, Benen? You're supposed to be in bed."

"It's just that....I love you."

What's a mom to do?

Jenster said...

Yeah, Shauna. I do. I have two teenagers that adore me. Well, "adore" IS a strong word. How about I have two teens who think I'm funny and tell me I'm "so cute" when I do my silly things.

Close enough??

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! *HUGS*

Sounds like a lot of testosterone...

Becky said...

Awww, sweet words to warm your mommy's heart.

Oh, for the days of Spiderman. My husband and Jericho are into "I am Legend" and Zombies and Vampires these days...if I remember right from the previews it has something to do with Vampire type creatures. Needless to say, when we're out and about as a family, I am occasionally treated to such darling comments as, "This would be a great place to hide if zombies were attacking us..."

Not that I'd trade them for anything, but sometimes I wish I had a little girl to share milder entertainment with, like "Little House on the Prairie" or "Anne of Green Gables"...