Saturday, February 24, 2007

*WARNING* CHANGE UP AHEAD!!

Don't you ever wish that life came with warning signs? Big, flashing neon signs that warned there was change up ahead? Something to prepare you for the curve in the road?

I am having such a moment. I feel like I've been pushed off the proverbial cliff and into a free fall of change. And I'm not liking it. Some might say that there are always signs, that when you look back you can see the writing on the wall. Well, let me tell you, there was no writing. No hyroglyphics, no cave drawings, nothing! Just a firm shove and then the shock of realizing that things will never be the same.
You've heard the saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I'm waiting to see if that's true! LOL! But what I do know is that the Potter wants to continually be molding and shaping each of us. I guess that means that I have to be willing to be squeezed, squashed and sometimes pounded if I want to be the jar or vase or bowl of His making. And the great thing is I don't have to be the flashiest, most expensive clay to be used. I just have to be willing!

2 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey Shauna!

Change is something I am trying to warm up to as well. It is hard to remember sometimes that God is completely in control and is directing our every move. When He signals right, sometimes we think that left would be easier...Then we figure out that if we don't heed his directions we will inevidably end up making many u-turns. You will get thru this all and come out stronger! I know you will! Love Ya!

Miss.

Shauna said...

Miss,

Yeah, it's easy to "know" God's in control and another thing entirely to give up the control! I guess we need to remember that we see only a tiny bit, but God sees the whole picture. And I guess we also need to keep in mind that the whole picture is His masterpiece!

So, I guess I'll keep heading right...even though left might look a little sunnier! LOL!

Love Ya, too!